1. Check you can have this account
You need to:
- be an existing member before 29 September 2020
- be 16 or over and a UK resident
And for Mutual Reward e-Bond only:
have a current account with us
- have a valid email address
- be registered for our Internet Bank or Banking app
You can only have one Mutual Reward Bond or Mutual Reward e-Bond in your name at any time.
2. How to open your account
You can only open an account in your own name, not jointly with someone else.
For Mutual Reward Bond you can do so
At nationwide.co.uk using the 'Start application' button below this Summary box (you’ll need a Nationwide instant access savings or current account to pay money into the bond)
- By calling your local branch – if you call they’ll arrange a time for you to apply over the phone.
For Mutual Reward e-Bond you can do so
Using our Banking app or Internet Bank (if you’re registered).
Just pay in anything from £1 up to a maximum of £10,000 to open your account.
Once you’ve opened your account, you can’t pay in any more.
3. Manage your account
You can manage your account using our Banking app or the Internet Bank and also in branch if you have a Mutual Reward Bond