The amount you can send depends on how you’d like to pay. The payment usually arrives immediately, but can take up to 2 hours. From your current account, you can send:
- £0.01 - £10,000 through the Banking app and Internet Bank to new or existing payees
- £0.01 - £9,999.99 at a Nationwide branch to new or existing payees
- £0.01 - £10,000 through telephone banking and ATMs to existing payees only.
You can make a maximum of 5 individual payments of up to £10,000 in one day.
Future dated payments
You can schedule payments to go out on a future date:
- if you want a future dated payment to leave your account tomorrow, it must be set it up by 10pm today
- if you set it up after 10pm, the payment will take an extra day
- if you want to change or cancel a payment that's due to leave your account tomorrow, you must do so by 10pm today.
Learn how to send money to a non-Nationwide account